About Me

My Photo
Hard & Soft techno
I'm just one who wants more to learn, both from other people, friends, family, and experience I can
View my complete profile

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

postheadericon Crysis 2 Multiplayer in the Superhero Sandbox


many explanations that discuss Crysis 2 is always going to be torn between two things: it looks, and how to play. When I check the single player part of the PC version of Crysis 2 months ago, I was surprised as much by how well controlled on the pad 360 as how the version that looks fantastic, and I also went with some serious questions about how it will run on consoles. Last week, things shifted around a bit when I spend time with multiplayer Crysis 2 on the Xbox 360, and I was surprised by two things: how great it looked, and how not so great it is playing.



Thankfully, it looks like most of the graphical issues we saw at Gamescom last year and last year's multiplayer beta on 360 last year have been worked out, as Crysis 2 is clearly in the running for best looking console game out there. It's the atmosphere and lighting that really impresses. Levels are huge with a ton of routes and traversal options, and the constant shifts between darkness and daylight in Skyline, the level included in this week's demo, in particular are striking.






Crysis 2 was so striking, in fact, that it took me a few minutes with the game to realize that something wasn't quite right with Crysis 2's controls on the 360. Eventually, it hit me: Crysis 2 on 360 has some seriously laggy controller response. While some of Crysis 2's control idiosyncrasies make sense - a delay between hitting the jump button and flying into the air makes you feel like a cyborg hurling himself upward - simple things like aiming and strafing just aren't as responsive as they should be. What breaks my heart is the theory that this might be tied to the preview build's framerate - if Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical of TimeSplitters and, uh, Haze fame) can tone the graphics down in multiplayer somewhat to get something that feels more responsive, it would be the right move, but it would still hurt my heart a little.  and according to news obtained Crysis 2 will be released on 2 March

0 komentar: