About Me

My Photo
Hard & Soft techno
I'm just one who wants more to learn, both from other people, friends, family, and experience I can
View my complete profile

Followers

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 24, 2011

postheadericon Dragon Age 2


Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn  on IGN's top 25 modern PC games list and will probably continue to say it as nostalgia gradually warps my memory. Since Dragon Age: Origins was purportedly a spiritual successor, I was thrilled. I couldn't wait to play, and play I did when it was finally released in 2009. Though it didn't turn me into the hopeless, bleary-eyed obsessive I became after Baldur's Gate II launched, it still played all the right notes, even if some of the complexity had been stripped out after the Dungeons & Dragons days.

On PC, Dragon Age: Origins was unflinchingly difficult even at the standard setting, which made intelligent party tactics and frequent use of the pause function essential to victory. That's exactly how I thought it should be. Then I played the Xbox 360 version, and for a moment I looked around as if someone might be playing a trick on me. The framerate was a mess and, by comparison, the challenge seemed more about dealing with the interface than chopping down enemies. That may just be some of my PC elitism bleeding through since I know a number of people who loved Dragon Age on consoles, but it's a perspective that's hard to shake after experiencing the relative convenience of the PC version.

see more details here

0 komentar: